Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic dimmer circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zordon

Hi, guys

I am building the following dimmer circuit however i am having alot of issues.
I built everything up to the optocoupler the 555 and zero crossing detector work great along with the npn transistor. I had the remove the coupling capacitor 0.001uF between zero crossing and 555 to get it to work.

https://www.onsemi.com/pub_link/Collateral/AND8011-D.PDF

The issues I am having are when trying to trigger the MOC3022. currently have an LED at the output however even without input output of MOC3022 is constantly shorted. When I attach my npn transistor with a pulsed waveform saturating at my top rail of 12V the voltage at the input of the MOC3022 drops to about 1.8V PWM.

Thanks in advance

currently have an LED at the output
you have the LED at the output of what?

output of MOC3022 is constantly shorted
How do you know that?

voltage at the input of the MOC3022 drops to about 1.8V PWM.

1.8 volts is the farward voltage drop of the LED inside the MOC3022 so that sounds right.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back