Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic dazer/shocker

Status
Not open for further replies.
Are we supposed to be impressed, or just mildly amused?

Your question is ill formed since it has no context. If you're claiming to have found a superior shocker/dazer and you want to know why we are not aware of it, the answer is because we could care less about the whole shocker/dazer thing. If you want to impress us with your ability to build this device and endure the punishment then I have to say I'm less than overwhelmed. If your looking for a pat on the back for your diligent web research then I'm afraid you're just not going to get it from me.

BTW you have been here for two years so I'd hardly call you new.

I don't know why u attack so much.
I am new in electronics.
if u don't understand the question u can ask no need to shout.
I ask why prefer building a shocker/dazer if Piezoelectric Igniter cost only $2.5, building it is much expensive.

Does it land you on the floor in convulsions? That's what a real dazer will do. Try stopping an attacker with a piezo lighter. hee hee

No need to make fun of the new poster, presumably it was a genuine question?.

There does seem to be a massive amount of interest in 'stun guns', not to mention 'FM bugs'. However, the reason a piezo igniter is no good is that although it produces a fairly high voltage, there's no power to it - for a 'stun gun' you need to provide a reasonable amount of power.

There does seem to be an alarming amount of questions about stun guns, EMP devices, FM bugs and other potentially dangerous electronics :lol:

Nigel summed it up really, I will give you a shock that will probably feel very similar to a static shock.

admin2far said:
I don't know why u attack so much.
if u don't understand the question u can ask no need to shout.
There was no attack upon your person.

Again I maintain that you can hardly be considered "new" to electronics if you have been on the forum for two years.

Lastly, if I had been shouting I would have written my post in capital letters.

Last edited:
Papabravo said:
Are we supposed to be impressed, or just childly amused?
edited for accuracy!!;)

Real Stun Guns produce a much longer spark duration and much higher voltage to better disable an attacker. If someone were to use that piezo igniter on me, even after I just exited a swimming pool, at the most I'd get pissed-off, grab the nearest large object and cave their skull in, causing them to rethink their priorities while recuperating in a hospital.

Since Nigel brought up the issue of both HV shockers and FM bugs, this has me thinking about some people's motives here and perhaps their endeavor to exploit this place for their own mischievous and malicious activity of which I want no part of. These devices, when used improperly are not toys as some would believe them to be. Even a simple FM bug can generate interference on to a public safety/service frequency creating further complications.

Now, being that you are from Israel as your location states, I wish you, your family, and your people to be well and hope for a quick resolution to the war going on there. I admire the resolve and tenacity of the Israeli people to survive amidst the surrounding morons that seem determined to eliminate you all. Shalom!

I suppose that a really powerful FM bug operating on the wrong frequency could cause an aircraft collision if it garbles the communication from an air traffic controller. You would hope that the pilot would say, "What?".

I once worked with a electron nerd who heavily modified a CB radio to trigger the flashing white emergency vehicle (RELCO or RADAR-Light) traffic intersection lights. He succeeded and even connected it to a linear amp, tripping dozens of lights in the town. It cause a major accident at one large intersection. He spent time in jail for that caper. He also made an FM bug that spewed a heavy harmonic onto the police band, interfering with a TAC channel and also built a 60 watt AM transmitter on the 7mHz shortwave band playing music all the time. It involved the FCC and he received jail time under work-release pgm. for several months for that as well. He was quite smart and insightful, but socially retarded, lacking common sense!

How does a CB radio trigger those lights? I thought that it was an IR signal. Wow, ur friend is a genius, but not in a good way!

Piezo igniters can be deadly, to small insects that is.

It isn't the small electrical spark that kills bugs, it's the heat of the ingnited butane.:D

HiTech said:
I once worked with a electron nerd who heavily modified a CB radio to trigger the flashing white emergency vehicle (RELCO or RADAR-Light) traffic intersection lights. He succeeded and even connected it to a linear amp, tripping dozens of lights in the town. It cause a major accident at one large intersection. He spent time in jail for that caper. He also made an FM bug that spewed a heavy harmonic onto the police band, interfering with a TAC channel and also built a 60 watt AM transmitter on the 7mHz shortwave band playing music all the time. It involved the FCC and he received jail time under work-release pgm. for several months for that as well. He was quite smart and insightful, but socially retarded, lacking common sense!
Man, that sounds a lot like **broken link removed**, AKA Captain Crunch! I worked with him for a couple of years back in the late '60s. He even has a Wikipedia entry. A Google search yields lots of hits. His story makes for some fascinating reading, but I could hardly stand being around him - mostly because of his apparent aversion to soap and water.

Just grab hold of a piezo ring from a transponder we used in the North sea and then tell me that it can't give you a deadly shock.

oldtimer said:
Just grab hold of a piezo ring from a transponder we used in the North sea and then tell me that it can't give you a deadly shock.

How would we even know what one is?.

How big is it?, what voltage does it supply?, at what current?, and for what duration?.

Another example of shameless name dropping. oooohhhhh...I'm so impressed, can I bask in the warm glow of your incredible brilliance?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back