Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic components

Status
Not open for further replies.

jidan

I know some theory about basic component like resistor, capacitor or transistor diode, inductor and their specification ... I want to start from basic component if i have gone to shop to purchase component what should i say to shopkeeper what should I know before to purchase component
suppose i need 100 ohm resistor can i say give me 100ohm resistor or i need to more specification or i need silicon diode what i say . give idea

Do you have a circuit in mind?
We can give you all the right words if we knew that you want to build.
Example: the 100 ohm resistor comes in many sizes. 1/4 watt is a common size. 5% is a common type.

Do you have a circuit in mind?
We can give you all the right words if we knew that you want to build.
Example: the 100 ohm resistor comes in many sizes. 1/4 watt is a common size. 5% is a common type.
for example i want make project based on led so I know i need supply led and resistor but actually don't know what value of component i need to purchase

Do you want to light one LED?
Where are you going to get power from? Battery what voltage? or adapter (cell phone charger)?

LEDs require a minimum voltage to work. Different LEDs require different voltages. Most indicator LEDs use between 2 to 3-1/2 volts. The current to drive these LEDs must be limited to keep them from burning out, usually 5 to 30 milli-amps.
Example; 3 volt battery, 2.5 volt 10ma LED
voltage drop(E) current(I) resistor to limit current(R)
Ohm's Law R=E/I
R=.5 / .010
R= 50 ohms
P=(I)squared * R
P=.0001 * 50
P=5 milliwatt

A 1/8 to 1/2 watt resistor should work fine.

can
LEDs require a minimum voltage to work. Different LEDs require different voltages. Most indicator LEDs use between 2 to 3-1/2 volts. The current to drive these LEDs must be limited to keep them from burning out, usually 5 to 30 milli-amps.
Example; 3 volt battery, 2.5 volt 10ma LED
voltage drop(E) current(I) resistor to limit current(R)
Ohm's Law R=E/I
R=.5 / .010
R= 50 ohms
P=(I)squared * R
P=.0001 * 50
P=5 milliwatt

A 1/8 to 1/2 watt resistor should work fine.
can I use LDR resistor in place of fix resistor

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back