Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic combination lock

Status
Not open for further replies.

magzie7

for my A level electronics project, i am planning to build a electronic combination lock. i do not wish to use any type of PIC or microprocessor. i have looked at many examples from the internet and have found it all to be quite confusing. please help, any suggestions large or small would be greatly appreciated!!

make do with what you find on the internet, they'll still be the same stuffs people would be giving you here and find a solution for your confusion.

magzie7 said:
for my A level electronics project, i am planning to build a electronic combination lock. i do not wish to use any type of PIC or microprocessor. i have looked at many examples from the internet and have found it all to be quite confusing. please help, any suggestions large or small would be greatly appreciated!!

Your requirement for not using a PIC or other controller is going to make it complicated and confusing, although I realise your requirement for it as part of your course!.

As already suggested, work on what you've already found until you understand it!.

there are some types using only gates, for example NOT gates, or AND gates only. But the combination is not changable, if it is not required in yr project... or you have to change the place of buttons/cables to change the combination. The number of combinations is related with the number of gates. Relatively simple circuits.

You can find many if you google.

Go to the Lock on My Site. Really Simple design and No Pic.

**broken link removed**

Enjoy.....Gary

A parallelin serial out logic ckt can be the answer to your problem.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back