Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic circuit

Status
Not open for further replies.

gill123

Hello, does anyone know of a place I can go and get help making a circuit. I have no idea what i am doing but need a circuit to simulate a sensor in my car that works by resistance. What kind of place would I go to in order to get someone who knows how to take readings and tell me hoe to design it? please help

You can find help here but you'll have to be much more specific about what it is you are trying to do and it will probably not be as quick as taking your car to someone who already knows what they are doing. If you want someone to suggest a place for you to go, perhaps you should start out by telling people where you live.

Do you own a Digital Multimeter (Ohmmeter)?

there is a sensor inside the passenger seat that detects if anyone is sitting in it. The sensor works by restricting the amount of electricity running through it when someone is sitting on it.

I have a circuit i bought that simulates the signal of a vacant seat, but I want to make one to say the seat is occupied.

the circuit i have that sends an unoccupied signal is made of 100 ohm resistor then a 1n100 diode and another 100 ohm resistor.

I live in London. I do have a multimeter (digital)

Thanks

Last edited:
If the circuit inside the seat has a diode in it, then it is not a simple two-terminal variable resistance sensor.

The problem or problems I see here is different makes and models of vehicles worldwide use different types and designs of passenger seat sensors. Many use a mat or resistive material with some even detecting pressure points. Newer versions are designed to take into consideration rear facing child seats.

I suggest you try a few search engines using the specific make, model and year to see exactly which type of sensor network the vehicle uses. It's not all that cut and dry simulating signals to the system to inhibit for example air bag deployment.

Just My Take
Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back