Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Circuit Simulation program suggestion

Status
Not open for further replies.

jfalco

Hey all,

I'd like some suggestions on a decent Electronic Simulation software program, preferable downloadable trial version to test it out first before making a purchasing. I've tried Smartdraw and TINA, but the restrictions on these trial versions are very limiting. I do understand that this is the purpose of the Trial version, however, not being able to save any created circuits in TINA is becoming a pain, and Smartdraw was not great on the Simulation side.
These are the basics I'd like to see.
-Decent Analog and Digital components Library
-Virtual Test Measurement tools (Multimeter,scope...etc)
-Programable AC and DC power sources

Thanks..
Cheers,

jfalco said:
Hey all,

I'd like some suggestions on a decent Electronic Simulation software program, preferable downloadable trial version to test it out first before making a purchasing. I've tried Smartdraw and TINA, but the restrictions on these trial versions are very limiting. I do understand that this is the purpose of the Trial version, however, not being able to save any created circuits in TINA is becoming a pain, and Smartdraw was not great on the Simulation side.
These are the basics I'd like to see.
-Decent Analog and Digital components Library
-Virtual Test Measurement tools (Multimeter,scope...etc)
-Programable AC and DC power sources

Thanks..

I'd recommend

MULTISIM
TOPSPICE
LTSPICE

Google for them. Asking for Virtual test instruments really constrains your options. There are only a few that have this feature and in my opinion they are inferior simulators otherwise.
Cheers,

try Proteus from Labcenter (UK)

Have a look at Proteus from Labcenter. It can do all you need and also layout your pcb when the circuit simulation says it will work.

I tested some programs and, in my opinion, the old "Circuit Maker" is good for my job. It's simple, but good.

Simulation is all well and good, but PLEASE build one , preferably a few, before committing it for production!
I remember an amplifier by a well known manufacturer that got to production, but would only output a 50(60) Hz squarewave because the simulation program didn't know about magnetic coupling between the mains transformer and the input transformer... :oops:

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back