Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic Calendar

Status
Not open for further replies.

elcopart

Haw can I builb an electronic calendar, with led display and uC.
The calendar display the: month, date and year (ex: 23.08.06).
Thanks.

Hi,
you can use DS1307(real time clock and calender).you write time and date on it and then you can read the time and date from it.(you should connect it to micro and this ic has I2C serial communication so have to use I2cread and I2Cwrite instructions to read and write on DS1307)
it's one of the best choice.
in this ic second,minute,hour,day,date,month and year have their appropriate registers that after writting to them,the time and calendet start to work and then you should just read these registers.

if you don't use this ic you should use timers in micro but it's alittle harder.

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back