Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic bingo number generator

Status
Not open for further replies.

gbadger

hi all
i am looking at trying to make an electronic bingo number generator, i have just started calling the bingo numbers in the uk voluntarily for an oap rest home. they dont get much fun so i am trying to lighten up their lives a bit for them.
my thoughts at the moment is probably basic but i dont know how i can achieve the desired result.
what i thought was to have a board with 90 led`s fixed to it with the numbers under each led so when a ball is pulled out of the bag i can press a button which lights up the correct number led. alternatively i was told to use a pic chip and program code and use a alphanumeric keyboard but that is way over my head.
so if any one got any thoughts it would be much appreciated.
badger

You could do this with a pic chip, keypad and a couple of MAX7219 chips but most OAPs wouldn't be able to distinguish LEDs at any reasonable distance and it sounds like the programming would be a very steep learning curve. You would probably be better using 90 switches with Pygmy lamps to light each number.

Mike.

Going far enough to use a PIC chip your might as well omit the sack with the 90 balls and use the PIC to draw a (pseudo) random number when a start button is pushed and display the result on a numeric two digit jumbo LED.

When writing the software you just have to take care of removing a once selected number off the list and have the PIC "re-roll" the dice for an unused number.

The winning numbers should be stored separately for the winner's claim.

Boncuk

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back