Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic balance

Status
Not open for further replies.

ada

heloo...i need help.i would like to know what is inside an electronic balance? what mechanism or circuit is used inside it?..thanks alot.

yeah..we know that it has something to do with strain gauge..and usually for weighing its connect with a load cell....called strain gauge load cell..however this used for industrial machinery...and it is very expensive..so we want to find out what is in the electronic balance..so that it is much a cheaper alternative..n maybe we can use the same principle/circuit to help in our project..

so..i don't think strain gauge load cell is used inside..coz then an electronic balance would cost hundreds of dollars which is expensive for us..so what exactly is used in the electronic balance??

How much do you need to weigh?

Buy a couple and take them apart, You can get the small pocket size for $10 or less, the bigger ones you can stand on and weigh yourself are $20 or so.

Its a strain gauge. Stick-on strain gauges can be had for a few dollars. You have to specify the metal you're sticking them onto, or different rates of expansion with temperature will make it a thermometer as well as a balance.

I've taken apart an old electronic bathroom scale and it looked like they have a movable core inside an inductor. There's a spring to counter the person's weight and as it's stretched it pulls out the core lowering the inductance. At least that's how I interpreted its design. I don't know if they all use strain gauges nowadays or not.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back