Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electronic 'Art'

Status
Not open for further replies.

agent420

Was organizing my favorites and figured I'd share my current list of cool net time wasters:

**broken link removed**

The Lightning Organ is a musical sculpture that produces sound by governing the audible pitches of visible electric sparks.

**broken link removed** has some cool stuff, but the layout is pretty odd... Click the 'How do you find anything here' link for a list of his electronic works.

The Wooden Mirror is amazing :eek:
830 square pieces of wood, 830 servo motors, control electronics, video camera, computer, wood frame.

I'm not sure if I ever would have thought of **broken link removed**
In this project, a precursor to Lifeblood, I used a row of eight air tubes placed in the bottom of the water tank to write out alphanumeric symbols one at a time. The video shows a small segment of a long, poetic statement. ThinkTank is pictured here writing "AM I MAKING MYSELF CLEAR."
Guy Marsden - Electronic Artwork - This guy used an lcd as a shipping label to mail a plastic art contest entry to Wired Magazine.

**broken link removed**

Tim Hunkin

He's got funky contraptions at the Under the Pier Show. The 'Current Machines' link goes to the gallery. If I ever get over on the wrong side of the pond I'd like to check that out ;)

Artbots - the robot talent show. The entries are under the 'Participants' link. Be sure to check out the previous shows as well. So far I think my favorite is the Shockbot:

...The Computer sends control-signals to the robot and therefor the robot moves to a random point in the computer hardware and by contact creates a short-circuit...

With increased damage of the computer the control-signals get impaired affecting the correct function of the shock-bot and finally leading to a complete system crash.
:D

AlexAndromeda

Bruce Cannon

Ken Feingold

i like the Guy Marsden stuff

-=GST=- Nemisis (cs/cz) said:
i like the Guy Marsden stuff
Me too. Something about electronic displays and movement that I find fascinating. Probably one reason why every 3rd project of mine seems to be a clock LOL.

I also like the steam-punk crazy open wiring stuff of that 2nd link, Jack Dollhausen...

That last link, Ken Feingold, borders on eerie to disturbing to me for some reason...

Last edited:
well i have gone through
**broken link removed**

this site and fond many projects , but i am still having some problems selecting a decent project, for my semester exam.
first i chose
PIC16F84A discolight effect with bass beat control

from
https://www.electronics-lab.com/projects/games/006/index.html
but there seems to be something wrong with PCB layout which they have given.
and i am trying to fine the same kind of PCB layout some where else but , i cant fine it , what am i supposed to do

Hi everybody!
Just googled for the keywords´PIC16F84A discolight effect´ to see the list of all the sites and found this forum thread.
I am the owner/developer of that project and would like to ask you phsycadelicbreakfast,what wrong did you find on the PCB layout? I draw it myself and manufactured myself too the whole PCB and nothings wrong there! Maybe its not done the professional way,but everythings is okay there!
Please send me an email(dont post your answers/questions to me here!) and let me know your problems!

PS: in the early future the project on all the available sites will be updated with some more pics,SW flowchart in englsish,block diagram,photo of the parabola system!

Enjoy it!

Zsolt Bitter

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back