Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electronic air rifle

Status
Not open for further replies.

freckle101

hi all i am new to electronics

i have been doing a A level course in england and i am now in my 2nd year of it

for the coursework i would like to go and make it awesome because i will not be carrying it onto uni so i'd rather make it extra fun than just to a project for the marks if you get me :D

i love my shooting, it is my favorite hobby by a long way, so the project i would like to make is an electronic air rifle.

similar to these: daystate . co . uk

but i have no where to start. all i know is i need to discharge a large capacitor through a solenoid to hit a knock open valve on a air tank to release the air to fire the pellet

i would like to have a fully automatic mode so i will need an astable? and a semi automatic

i would also like to add a buzzer which sounds every 10 shots

and if possible a LCD on the side which displays the project name. which i think i will need to do with a PIC

am i going along the right lines here in your opinion?

thank you very much

Ste

I recommend an electric solenoid valve

I recommend you use a high pressure electric solenoid valve.

These are not overly cheap, but the rest of your project would be.
A pic and a beeper are next to nothing and an LCD is less that 20$

With the solenoid valve it sits between your air source and your barrel. No need to have any more complicated an activator. The best situation would be an air source, an electric solenoid valve, an expansion chamber, another solenoid valve, and then the barrel. More consistent pressure shot to shot.

MikeTheMike

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back