Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electromagnetic hover car. is it possible?

Status
Not open for further replies.

doubleM

sorry if this sounds ridiculous, its just an idea. ive seen magnetic levitation before, and i know that monorail trains can do this somewhat. but is it possible levitate a car with electromagnetism? if you could somehow control the electromagnetic field and balance the vehicle in the air could it be done?
my idea was to have a road or asphalt containing some type of permanent magnet material. then in the bottom of the vehicle would be the electromagnet. the 2 like poles will repel each other. the car would have to be propelled with a turbine or some other propulsion.
i am familiar with the behavior of magnets and i know as soon as the electromagnet is turned on the vehicle will be forced off balance and off the pavement. so how could you balance a magnetic field so the car would hover in place?

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back