Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electromagnetic coil

Status
Not open for further replies.

bird777

Hello,

I need for an electromagnet that can be moving an iron pipe inside when I connect power to the coil. When power off a spring push the iron pipe back.
How can I calculate the turns of coil, the current, the wire square and the spring's force? I am going to use 48 V DC.
I know the weight of pipe and its dimensions.

Bird

sorry:)

Sorry I don't think that is important , but here is it:

The pipe diameter is 80 mm, length is 30 mm.
Is it important the thikness of the pipe wall ? Because a plastic part will be inside of the pipe.

Does the pipe encounter any friction when it is moved? How far do you want to move it, and how fast?

Roff said:
Does the pipe encounter any friction when it is moved? How far do you want to move it, and how fast?

and which direction: horizontal or vertical?

With a diameter of 80mm and a length of 30mm I wouldn't talk about a pipe. The stroke must not be more than half the length for longitudinal stability.
The weight would be interesting to know, too.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back