Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electrolytic Bipolar Capacitor

Status
Not open for further replies.

mattbl

I'm having touble finding a capacitor that is required to fix my TV.

I'm after a Electrolytic bipolar 4.7uF 100v in a radial package.

I can get it in an axial package here in Australia but its no good as it physically won't fit in the circuit board. I searched the net and can only come up with a 50v cap.

Any help on sourcing this or finding a suitable alternative would be a great help
Thanks

mattbl said:
I'm having touble finding a capacitor that is required to fix my TV.

I'm after a Electrolytic bipolar 47uF 100v in a radial package.

I can get it in an axial package here in Australia but its no good as it physically won't fit in the circuit board. I searched the net and can only come up with a 50v cap.

Any help on sourcing this or finding a suitable alternative would be a great help
Thanks

What do you mean by 'bipolar', and what does the capacitor do?.

I'm presuming this is just a capcitor in the PSU?, you can get suitable caps from any decent component supplier - try checking the capacitors at http://rswww.com who list various ones which should be suitable.

With a very quick look, P/N 434-0188 at 47uF 160V would probably be a suitable one?.

I'm sorry I just edited my post. It is meant to be 4.7uF 100v.
Bipolar= Non polarised Capacitor

It goes in the pin cushion circuit of the TV. It has a horizontal size problem

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back