Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electro-tech-online day

Status
Not open for further replies.

Roboticinfo

How about on December 3 everyone log on that day so we can set the highest people ever online in electro-tech-online.

We could call it Electro-tech-online day

What do you guys think?

You don't think it's rather artificial?, the current highest number of users is an honest value, of people independently on-line - asking people to turn up just to bump the figure up is completely pointless!.

Roboticinfo said:
How about on December 3 everyone log on that day so we can set the highest people ever online in electro-tech-online.

We could call it Electro-tech-online day

What do you guys think?

I think it is pointless too. What happens if hundreds of (new) users arrived on Dec 2nd? and not as many on the 3rd?

I think the current record is an error (326 i believe?) all other times I've been on the board there were about 20 guests and 10 users

You think website downloading cod make it hapend.Becose it makes a lot of conections to the site.

jrz126 said:
I think the current record is an error (326 i believe?) all other times I've been on the board there were about 20 guests and 10 users

Why?, there's a LOT of registered users, I don't think I was online at that particular time, but I was during the previous record, and that certainly seemed correct. PHPBB is a very polished piece of software, I doubt it would make such a mistake - bear in mind though, the web doesn't allow the board to know if people have actually left or not, so you are considered 'still here' until a certain time past your last connection. In fact, doesn't it qualify the figure as 'users online within the previous x minutes'?

They cod make it recognise only difrent IPs.That wod keep it from kaing that.

And yea there is not way to know when a user goes off.Becose the only thing the web can detct are page views.

Oh and its php wich means you cant browse it localy.It has to be on a server to run the php code.

I'll be here. Let's make things interesting and see how it goes.

Doesn't have to be a specific time just log on that day for as long as you can.

I know it is pointless but there are a lot of things that are pointless but we do it anyway.

Say like going to an amusement park is there really a good point to go?

maybe today shall be considered "ETO's Name Recognition day".

Why?

Because Audioguru decided to call me "Stubborn", and we have another user named "Bloki" when maybe he should be known as "Blocky" or even "Blockiest" :lol: :lol:

But of course, if the idea shall be scrapped, then so be it.

Too much pepole wont crash it it will just run very slow and meaby refuse conections and timeout.But that shod fix after the users have left.

It says our max visitors rating is in the 300's. This place must've been packed tighter than a gut full of bad gumbo.

prabahar dana singh said:
hai im an budding engineer please tell me about an interresting project which can be performed easily
How about you and 399 of your budding countrymen engineers logging in to this forum on December 3rd? That's relatively easy. :rolleyes:

How is it that the "budding engineer" can't think of his own project, and the hobbiest (me) has 6 projects started but not finished and 20 more rolling around in his head?

People like Mr. Singh there reminds me of the person that rudely interrupts a conversation to ask a completely irrelevant and pointless question. :mad:

Just yesterday, two giggling young girls were walking past as my two neighbors and I were discussing a topic. They asked us "Hey, what time is it?". Now they said this many feet away as they approached us, and again as they walked passed us. My response to them was, "It's time for you to get a watch".

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back