Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electro-Mechanical Solar System Model

Status
Not open for further replies.

mahesh_jo

I want to build a Electro-Mechanical Solar System Model to demonstrate the working of solar system. The project would need some motors to show rotation of planets on their axis as well as around the sun. Any body can help?

-Mahesh Joshi

mahesh_jo said:
I want to build a Electro-Mechanical Solar System Model to demonstrate the working of solar system. The project would need some motors to show rotation of planets on their axis as well as around the sun. Any body can help?

-Mahesh Joshi

It's been done for about three hundred years, although the early ones used clockwork rather than electric motors.

They are known as an 'orrery' after the Earl of Orrery, who the first one was named after, in about 1700!.

Try a google search for 'orrery'.

Dear Nigel
Thanks for the clue. Can you suggest any site where I can get details of how to make ORRERY.

-Mahesh Joshi

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back