Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electricity from Lightening

Status
Not open for further replies.

emmawatson

My idea is that now we r gounding d electricity from lightening entirely.
now is there any possibility to partial ground n partial usage into lines....just think if v can design device which can hold huge charge then it cud b another revolution.........

No offense, but that is quite obvious... That is the problem, we can't store it.

k....can ne1 tell me best site 4 improving knowledge over capacitors or other huge electric storage devices...

Marks256 said:
No offense, but that is quite obvious... That is the problem, we can't store it.

Yeah, everyone knows a bolt of lightning exceeds 1.21 jigawatts of power.

Actually I heard once that a lightning bolt may contain $35 in electricity... that was a long time ago and it's probably $70 by now. Well some bolts are 10x stronger than others and anyways all the estimates are rather vague. Remember that that energy is being distributed along the length of the bolt- a giant resistor- and only a small portion could be captured at the bottom.

And the problem remains, we have no capacitors capable of storing thousands of volts at many Farads with a charge rate of thousands of amps. At least none that wouldn't be of incredible size and cost.

what is text speak? When i google it, all i get is text-to-speech programs...

does it mean the whole
can ne1 bla bla bla 4 me blablabla becuz i h8 work
type thing?

yeah - it mns tlk wth the least possible effort (as in using abbreviations on your mobile telephone).

I guess the poster is from the UK as it seems to be rife on UK forums.

i hate it when people do that. :mad: it is really hard to read, plus it shows their intelligence level....

Unfortunately its becoming increasingly acceptable to use txt tlk at schools in the Uk these days.

I've banned it in my house and if my children try to txt tlk (both written, typed or spoken) then they get told off for it.

picbits said:
Unfortunately its becoming increasingly acceptable to use txt tlk at schools in the Uk these days.

I've banned it in my house and if my children try to txt tlk (both written, typed or spoken) then they get told off for it.
This is quite OT, but how would such a thing be spoken differently from the full words, considering (as far as I can tell) the idea is to use as few characters as possible while preserving the sounds.

There is a new generation (well new to me) of slang coming home.

To name a few ....

Sick = amazing / brilliant / fantastic
innit = isn't it
iz = is
dnt = dont or do not
da = the

Here is a handy translator if you want to have a play ;)

**broken link removed**

Heres an example of your last post run through the translator so the "Younger" generation can understand it.

Darth Bagel said:
dis iz quite ot,
but ow wud such a
thin be spsafeen
differently from da
full wordz
considerin (az far
az aye can tell) da
idea iz 2 uz az few
characterz az
possible while
preservin da soundz

picbits said:
Heres an example of your last post run through the translator so the "Younger" generation can understand it.
That's fantastic, but on the whole if I for some deranged reason attempted to pronounce that translated version, most if not all of it would sound the same as my non-bastardized post.

Poorly educated people have been speaking and spelling like that long before cellphones. Guess parents and teachers tolerate it, to cover the poor job they are doing educating the children...

If any of my teacher see things like that in our work, instant dockage of points. I am glad, too. I can only imagine what the future will hold... :eek: :( :eek:

I hope the tech revolution is still in effect...

Nigel Goodwin said:
Yes, posting unintelligible rubbish for no reason! - this is a forum, you have an ASCII keyboard, there's no reason not to post properly.

and additionally it is hard to understand by members whose language is not English. (I'm german)

Boncuk said:
and additionally it is hard to understand by members whose language is not English. (I'm german)
But your English is actually better than a lot of people who live in England ;)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back