Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electrical solenoid valve for controlling water flow.

Status
Not open for further replies.

shanx2009

hi..i m doing a project in that i need to fill a bottle (llike pepsi 200ml) from the tank using the solenoid value.. the tank will size (30cm×30cm×30cm). i need to find the right solenoid value for this project. i need low cost solenoid valve. some one adviced me to buy solenoid valve that is used for controlling petrol in two wheelers. i found its mouth is too small..can some body hep me plz.........

thanks for ur reply sir.. i ll look for dat discarted dishwasher solenoid valve.. incase if i need to buy a new one means . can u help me with dat details..

it depends on the rate of flow you need to make an accurate stop, a valve with big opening can give more tolerance than with a small opening one.
the one used in automatic washing machine will give you good opening... some solenoid used in industrial pneumatic application, you can find small opening.
also you can control the flow by providing an orifice on the line when you select a valve with more opening, pressure also will decide the flow rate.

Old washing machine or as mentioned dishwasher. However, if this is gravity fed I am not sure if dishwasher or washing machine water solenoid valves require any upstream pressure to operate. You may want to check that? Also, valves like this will run on mains voltage so hope that will be OK?

Ron

Thanks Andy, now I remember the thread.

Ron

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back