Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electrical device based on electromagnetic induction .need HELP

Status
Not open for further replies.

musicalsaurabh

I want to make an electromagnetic device,but i dont know that how much amount of coil(thickness & length),magnet(magnetic strength)is required for production of certain amount of EMF (DC volt) value.I would like to know about 5-7 DC volt generating circuit.
plz give me solution.

I have no idea what you are trying to do. :confused:

Are you trying to generate a 5-7V DC voltage from a different DC voltage (a switching regulator)?

no ,what im trying to do is , i want to generate 5v dc with the help of a simple coil and a magnetic bar and i'll give periodic translational motion to the magnetic bar.

So what you actually want to do is literally build a DC Generator that produces 5 VDC at an unknown current? I suggest you study DC generator theory as what I think you want to do is no easy project. It is not done using a simple coil and magnet.

Ron

Yes, the O.P. wants to build a DC generator.

Nothing wrong with that that I can see. But you left out (as usual) lots of details:
  • You say the magnet will have "periodic translational motion"; does that mean linear motion? How far? how often?
  • What size and type of magnet?
  • Are you trying to actually power something, or is this just a physics experiment?
  • Is this going to be a homemade jobbie, or are you thinking of producing this?

In any case, you could just experiment, winding your own coils and seeing what kind of voltage you get. It wouldn't cost much (except time) and you'd probably learn something in the process.

Last edited:
Kind of sounds like an emergency flashlight I have. I think it is a magnet inside a coil with lots of windings that charges a super capacitor when you shake it back and forth. Is that what you are thinking about?

Last edited:
Instead of speculating, why don't we wait for the O.P. to tell us what they actually want to do? (What a concept, eh?)

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back