Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electrical appliance controll through microcontroller

Status
Not open for further replies.

morfus

hello,
can anybody help me to design a circuit that can control electrical appliance as like bulbs ,fans etc. the idea behind this make a digital switch board for my final year project. i also want to control this gadget through an IR remote control. please help me as this is very urgent

WHy did you choose a circuit which you do not know how to do for such an final year project? Maybe it would not be so urgent if you actually had been working on it. Surely this isn't so impossible that no one around you can help. Were you not listening at all in your class during your classes? You must have come by at least one way to do this.

Oh, and the next time you want help on an assignment, put some effort into your project first. And if you ask more detailed questions, people will answer you. No one is going to sit around and build your circuit for you or try and think of questions you might be thinking of asking.

Last edited:
I cannot agree with dknguyen more. You clearly have shown no effort whatsoever in trying to do it yourself, and frankly if you do not have any clue what to do with this very very simple project, I really do not know what you have been doing in class all this time. Do you have to be spoon fed everything? Clearly your computer teacher never showed you an increasingly popular site named Google.com.

read it

so every one giving me advice only no body helping. if u don know then no need to preech .... got it

you haven't specified any details - just a (wide) topic as already stated it can be very very simple project to a very complex project .
by which means you need to control the devices , direct , rf , ir , lan , internet ..? are you planning to use a microcontroller or using descrete ics ?
You have to sit down and dissect your project into some blocks.

you may wonder why the people give such responses . a search for 'help' or 'urgent' in this forum will give you the details.

thanks akj

thanks atleast someone replied in a good mood..... actually i mean to say tat in our house we usually have a switch board that has switches to switch on and off bulbs fans tube lights etc....... now i want to switch on and off and vary fan speed digitally using microcontroller. and i want to controll that microcontroller thro IR remote controll just as we use for television sets. in brief a remote controlled digital switch board.:eek:

some advices/suggestions..
assuming you have enough time and money and you are using a PIC micro.
divide the project into different blocks , first the IR section (are you trying to use the tv remote itself for the control ?) , refer to Nigel's tutorials/sticky and internet to understand how to use a pic for ir command decoding . next you can switch on/off a bulb using relays or triacs , both have advantage and disadvantage . the speed of a fan can be changed using PWM (details about pwm on sticky posts), and a related application note is in microchips website .study them
with these info you can get the amount of work needed and the learning curve .

morfus said:
so every one giving me advice only no body helping. if u don know then no need to preech .... got it
did you read the link I gave you? the goal of writing that was to let people like you know how to get the best possible results from this and other boards. with out a clear and concise description of what you are trying accomplish, the best you can hope for are answers to questions you didn't ask.

I'm happy to teach you how to fish.

I have a site for you. www.x10.com, low cost (less than the pic/atmel items needed and parts you will need to buy to do the project) and it will work. :)

If you come here and have not even picked a microcontroller yourself, I can understand why no one will help. And this is finals?

I think this is your best options to get this project done fast.. Unless you have a lot of time ("please help me as this is very urgent").

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back