Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Switch

Status
Not open for further replies.

RaG

What can i use to create an electric switch?
Need to use a +5v pluse from a RF Reciever to toggle on a constant stream of positive voltage until it gets another pluse from the reciever to turn switch it off.

Ive done a little reading on flip flop ICs, but don't fully understand, is the output from this flip flop IC in pluses? I need something that can deliver a constant signal so I can run it through a transistor and run a 12v mechanical relay.

Please post circuit digrams if possible of the circuit ill need to construct to make the electric toggle switch.

Should i just look into doing this with a microcontroller?
Ive played with the basic stamps but that way too expensive for my project.

A flip-flop as a latch may do the job. What is the level of the positive voltage you want to switch on and off? The voltage and the current drawn by the load would be extremely helpful.

You can use this circuit. My test switch will be removed and your pulse input connected where the arrow points. The cap, diode and resistor combination provides a pulse after power-on to make sure the output driving the transistor is low before any input pulses.

The first input pulse will switch on the relay (keeping it on) until the next pulse will switch it off.

Attachments

• pulse_switch.gif
    pulse_switch.gif
    7.8 KB · Views: 487
Just need the flip flop to turn on a 12v relay.
Thanks for the diagram, gotta find a 4013 around town. I have a quad d-type flip flop. but i think at this point its only confusing me.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back