Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Pigeon Scarer

Status
Not open for further replies.

George L.

Hello everyone,

I would like to make a birthday present for my grandpa that lives in Brooklyn, NY. He has a major pigeon problem(they poop all over his balcony :lol: )

Does anyone know of any method I could use to scare them away?

Options I have thought of:

1. Motion sensing device that makes something move (scares them)

2. Sound genorator of some sort

3. motion sensor with a flash tube from camera, scares pigeons
----------
This would be cool - 4. electrocute the pigeons when they sit on the balcony :lol: :lol: :lol: ....... funny, but not an option, could hurt grandpa.

If anyone has any ideas please share them.

George

The large trees around my workshop are infested with these flying rats. During mating season they make the most annoying noise, i just want to get the flame thrower out and argh!@#$!
What i tried was an ultrasonic dog repeller that sweeps somewhere around 20KHz to 40KHz, this kind of worked but i could still hear them in the distant trees. Eventually i went and got myself a cheap delta kite that had a large lion face on it, screwed that onto the workshop roof and they got the message. I have heard any predator with large eyes should work, you could even try a strobe light that flashes randomly.

**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back