Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric Motor Core Losses

Status
Not open for further replies.

Njguy

Does anyone have any information on average core losses in watts for electric motors. Such as AC induction motors, etc. Any info would be much appreciated. Just trying to get my bearings numerically. Thanks in advance my wizards of electricity.

Depends on the motor but anywhere from 10 - 15% of rated output power at full load.

I would say the core losses basically is wat into the motor (pure effect, not V*A) minus losses in windings minus losses from friction minus motor load.

There are effeciency classes for induction motors in the UK, the government is trying to get people to upgrade to more effecient motors.

The classes are IE1, IE2 and IE3.

IE1 which is standard for older motors can be as bad as 70%, and IE3 later designs can be as good as 95%, the effeciency also depends on how the motor is loaded, not just the % of max power loading but also the type of load.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back