Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric fence doesn't work?

Status
Not open for further replies.

This post continues on this thread

It aslo has a reinactment
it is a picture that someone with excelent drawing skills made.

moody07747 said:
now im confused :?

at work (im an electrician) i have gotten shocked a few times on 15 amp circuits

so why am i still here and not dead?

I'm rather concerned that an electrician doesn't already know the answer to this!.

Also, as for Oznog's skin resistance measurement, you're only measuring at a very low voltage - with mains across your body the resistance falls rapidly! - particularly as the skin starts to carbonise :lol:

I wonder if the electrician has ever blown a 15A breaker with his "shocks".
I think he is in North America so the 120V would warm him with 1800W and he would glow red-hot!
He wouldn't be here talking about it if he drew more than only about 15mA.

:shock: mains to the fence you are so lucky no one died

I don't think an electric fence is the answer to your problem. They don't work well on people that wear shoes and clothes that insulate. You need to make contact with ground for the fence to be effective (not a problem with livestock). However you open your self up for legal problems, I could stage a fall from your fence due to the shock and now with my "back injury" caused by the fall I can never work again......$$$$$$.

I would suggest placing a number of signs "warning electric fence" and not worry about electrifying it at all. If the signs will not stop them then I doubt having the fence electrified will.

Try this.

Attachments

• fence.gif
    fence.gif
    4.5 KB · Views: 372
If thats an decimal point then it realy is user frendly if its not well then i wodnt toch it.

These fences make qite a shock.I toced one not knowing it was an electric fence becose it was an conductive safety belt like thingy rouning around.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back