Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Electric brake and contact

Status
Not open for further replies.

jnnewton

I have a normally closed brake ( voltage on to release) that draws approximately 1.6 A @ 24vdc. I will be turning it on and off via a microcontroller (dspic30f4013) and have selected the following as the optocoupler / diode combination. Does anyone have any better ideas as to how I should be doing this before i order the parts and realize i should have asked first?

Aqv252GA (opto coupled transistor)
PMEG2005ET T/R (schottky diode)

I also having a problem with another part of my setup using a Clare LAA110 (opt relay) to replace a relay and am having interrmittent problems which i believe is due to it not having a low enough "on resistance" can anyone suggest an alternative? It must be optoisolated and the voltage drop across is around 35V.

Have a look at these products, they could be exactly what you want.
**broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back