Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

electret microphone replacement

Status
Not open for further replies.

cookbot

Hi all, I'm doing a project which allows iPod control from your car steering wheel controls and I built a working prototype, but only one part is giving grief. I've got the 4 pole jack to plug in the iPod at one end and the 3 pole stereo jack at the other to connect to the car head unit.

The problem is the loop that has the switch on (the one you usually click on your iPod headphones). If you just wire it up with a simple switch it doesn't work, but if you add a microphone in parallel with the switch it works fine.

I don't want to add a microphone so would a resistor work in its place? I've used my multi meter and it coming out at about 0.9-1ohm (That is 1ohm and not Mohms or anything daft is it?)

If it's not possible to find a replacement then what is? If possible I'd like to find a replacement from this company as I'm buying loads of relays from here for another project I'm doing

Technobots - Electronic & Mechanical Components

Thanks, Cookie

An eletret microphone is actually an active circuit the reading you get with a multimeter is not real. Try shorting it with a 2k or 10k resistor that may make it work properly.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back