Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EL Inverter help

Status
Not open for further replies.

ryuujin

I'm trying to get the EL backlight on an lcd screen for a project i'm building going off dc current. I've gone nuts trying to order a cheap EL power inverter. I tried the local electronics store where I bought the lcd. It was "we don't carry those". The guy actually suggested I route the power from my wall outlet to the lcd. Obviously I could do that but it's ugly, cumbersome and unsafe for a tiny 6 volt circuit, not to mention that the frequency is wrong. Digikey seems to be selling a version of the the component I need (NDL-202s) for $12.20 US. I found encased devices for use with EL wire for only $2.50 (**broken link removed**), so I know this part isn't a terribly expensive item. I assume if they'd sell it like that retail for use with decrative lighting, it should be a $1 item for electronics use. I can't seem to find it anywhere, especially not anyone who'll ship to Canada. Anyone have suggestions where I could buy the component cheap online? What do you guys use for your lcd display projects backlights?

Thanks

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back