Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EL (Electrolumenecense) Display

Status
Not open for further replies.

jrz126

I bought some gauge overlays for my car. I like the white instead of the black, and they light up blue or green (via switch) and have an adjustable brightness.

Now this steady light isnt good enough for me. I would like to try to make it so that the overlay will flash with the music, like the leds in my roof. Although, I would prefer if it would be dim with no music, then when the bass starts going, it will get brighter.

I have another EL driver that has a +24VDC input and it also has a "remote" wire, it wont turn on unless this wire is grounded. Would it be possible to use this driver and just switch the remote lead?

I'd appreaciate anyone's help.
Thanks

I don't know anything about this, but I did find this page, it could be helpful:

http://talkingelectronics.com/

Well, I can't post the direct link, cuz the site is windowed, but go to Electroluminescence in the right hand menu. It gives alot of information on what's needed to drive EL displays.

hey jeff, how bout ya post some pictures of ur car?? id like 2 see it w/ the LEDs n everything :lol:

Thanks for the link, I'll have to check into that.

Zach, I have it linked in my "WWW" button at the bottom of my posts.
www.cardomain.com/id/jrz126
just in case it doesnt work.
I just installed some 6.75" speakers up front (only had 5.25" from the factory). and the overlays, so I need to upload some more pics. but the roof leds are there :)

COOL!!!! wow, wut alot of work 4 the LEDs in the roof :lol:. did u or r u gonna make a PCB for it or just leave it on veroboard?

The old setup (which is what i think you are referring to) was on vero board. This design however is on a couple breadboards mounted to some MDF (wood) left over ffrom when I made a speaker box. :oops:

It was alot of work, but the uniqueness makes it so worth it, I havnt seen anything come close to my leds.

I'm gonna make a pcb once winter break comes (finals week is next week :roll: )

Ha how can I forget your car. Thats the kind of stuff we newbies dream of. :lol: .

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back