Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EKG machine said I have low voltage

Status
Not open for further replies.

ClydeCrashKop

Most Helpful Member
I got an EKG & the machine said I have low voltage. The heartbeat pattern wasn’t very high on the chart. I have been sweating a lot working in the Bahamas last week. Maybe I am low on electrolytes. The doctor wanted a chest X-Ray and said the lungs can cause that. But the nurse said my blood oxygen level was good. I think I am just not a good conductor.

My first car needed body work. My fathers electric sander obviously had a problem because it was shocking me when it was on. Sometimes it got really annoying but I used it for the whole project. (Dumb kid at the time)
I didn’t realize that was less sensitive to electricity than other people until high school auto shop class when the teacher had a magneto with a hand crank. Everyone volunteered, jumped, yelped and let go as soon as he started cranking. Not into playing games, I didn’t volunteer until harassed. I told the teacher, OK if I can do it to you. It felt like a strong electric buzz until I said OK, that’s enough. When I did it to him, he had no reaction either. An ignition magneto has to be in the kilovolt range, right?
I guess I am lucky in that I don't conduct electricity very well. Actually, electricity turns me on! 115 volts is just annoying, 230 volts stimulates me and I had to go home and chase my wife around.

PS. I do not stick my finger in light sockets.

I did that too. Funny metallic flavor. I guess I didn't acquire a taste for it. :D

I was send for a ECG a few years ago (when my high blood pressure was diagnosed), it was done by a stunningly pretty young girl, who looked about ten years old :rolleyes:

I never heard anything about it, so when I was at the doctors a while later I asked - she said if there had been a problem they would have been in touch, but checked for me. Apparently I had (and perhaps still have?) a slightly enlarged heart, due to living with massively high blood pressure for a number of years.

As far as shocks go, I'm fairly 'resistant' to them as well :D

I'll bet my voltage would have been higher if a pretty young lady was administering the test.:woot:

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back