Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EET graduate in spring 2013 looking for advice

Status
Not open for further replies.

windozeuser

I'm about to be an EET graduate (bachelors) in March of next year, I have passed the FE exam and thinking about going for PE exam eventually, but I need a job in my field.

I have received a relatively good GPA (3.65) and have taken everything up to Differential Equations and Physics 3 even though I didn't have to for EET. I want to become a real EE, I just couldn't afford to go to the proper school. I see jobs all the time but they state bachelors in EE, could I still apply for these jobs as an EET? I know if you pass the PE exam you are basically on the same level of an EE salary wise.

I know a couple "Real" EE's that dont know much about electronics, and have barely a 2.0 GPA, and there are a few EET's that know quite a lot and have experience. I think it always boils down to experience the most regardless of former degree.

I live in Pennsylvania, and the fracking industry seems to be becomming a boon for EET's, EE's, and ME's in the future.

Do I have to accept contract type work to gain the necessary 1-2 year experience most jobs require? Not sure what the best way to approach the job market currently

Things are much better here to. Only contract jobs but that is better than a year ago. A contract job is a way to get your foot in the door.

Absolutly apply for the jobs that are above your current credentials: but be up-front about it in your application. For one, they may not find what they are after in their job description and there also could be a job opening at your level, not advertised. E

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back