Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EEPROM

Status
Not open for further replies.
but that is the problem .....i got a colegue in my clsass that i thing he can do that in about 10-20 seconds...and he is no genius and he wasnt born with this ability, he just trained....
thats true....speed matters, but the brain is used only a little, if you train you can do better and better

ok, now back to EPROMs i got some old EPROMs wich i wana use for controlling some leds, but the problem is programming...is there a VERY simple programmer for 2716 to 27512? i mean a programmer with little components and easy to find? i searched the internet but i couldnt find what i need. the problem was that they were quite simple but i couldnt find those ICs needed for it.

arcom said:
Here is a quick calculation of my own :D :

1 GB = 1073741824 bytes (note: use 1 byte for 1 sequence)
Provided that you display each sequence every 0.5 seconds, you can store up to 536870912 seconds of "animation". If you convert this to hours (better to years, lol), you get the following:
34,05 years of animated sequences :lol: :lol: :lol:
The calculations you have done are correct but when I mentioned 1Gb meant 1 GIGA-BIT and not Giga-Byte :) So your time will reduce to about 8 times since 8-bits = 1 byte.

ok, about that link on EPROMs, it looks like quite a simple programmer on second thought, but i cant find replacements for the MPSA65 transistors...any ideas?
and the ones labbeled 558 and 548 are BC558 and BC548?

kinjalgp said:
The calculations you have done are correct but when I mentioned 1Gb meant 1 GIGA-BIT and not Giga-Byte :) So your time will reduce to about 8 times since 8-bits = 1 byte.

I thought so. One gigabyte is written in capital letters. Silly me. Well, nevermind, that still leaves 4,25 years :)

bogdanfirst said:
and the ones labbeled 558 and 548 are BC558 and BC548?

Yes they are BC558 and BC548. As I said in other post, I am not able to locte my transistor selector book so I can't find exact replacement for MPSA65.

Found my yellow book:

mps-a 65:
Si-P-Darl Uni,30V,0.3A,0.625W B>50000
_____
/ . . . \
|_______|
C B E

replacement bc 880:
Si-P-Darl 100V,1A,0.8W,200MHzb>2000
Low frequency switch
_____
/ . . . \