Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

eeprom write time

Status
Not open for further replies.
2camjohn said:
I have been looking at reading and writing from eeprom, it seems quite simple.

It mentions EEPROM write time in the manual for the language I am using, what is the significance of this?

What time should I choose for writing byte values to the eeprom memory?

What EEPROM are you talking about?, the internal data EEPROM?, or an external I2C EEPROM?.

You have to set the 'WR' bit to start the write, when the write is complete the bit will be cleared in hardware. So just poll the bit and wait until it is clear.

Exo said:
You have to set the 'WR' bit to start the write, when the write is complete the bit will be cleared in hardware. So just poll the bit and wait until it is clear.

Yes, there's no need to add a timed delay, the procedure is given in the datasheet - if you're using a high level language to write your code, the compiler should produce the correct code for you.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back