Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

edge triggered tracking system help

Status
Not open for further replies.

maverick8888

i am designing a project for school. i want it to act as a satelite. i will have a transmitter and the (dish) will move around to center in on the signal. the signal will be generated from a small hand held unit.

can anyone help with this project. i am fairly new into the electronic/motor world. all help will be appreciated. thanks all

Most satelite dishes are fixed because the satelite is fixed in space. In order to have it track a source, the receiver has to be able to differentiate between source left and source right, or up and down if you want two degrees of freedom. An optical system would be the easiest to implement because it is easy to shade the sensor. Shading an RF antenna gets more difficult as the frequency goes lower. You could use a complex antenna and phase compare the signals, but I suspect that is beyond your present capabilites.

If you look up robot line follower, the system is similar and will give you some ideas.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back