Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edge trigger via loss of Vs on 555 help

Status
Not open for further replies.

greg123

Thanks to Hero for getting me this far!

I want to use the attached for a timer circuit, so far got most of the componants and hurdles as well as the rest of the (exterior to the timer) circuit sorted.

However....

I need to trigger (I think this is an edge trigger?) via loss of Vs (12v). Normally, the 12v will supplied. I want the timer to produce it's output once only when the 12v is cut. Note cut, it isn't switched to 0v, it's simply a loss of a Vs voltage to the trigger. Currently I think this circuit is set up to trigger via a 0v feed when I need it to trigger by loss of 12v (output on break).

Can anyone suggest a modification or direct me to a good web page on designing edge triggering?

Thanks, Greg.

Attachments

• mono555circuit.png
    mono555circuit.png
    4.2 KB · Views: 152
This will work.

P.S.

In furure, please restrict the discussion of a circuit to just one thread; multiple threads can get confusing.

Attachments

• 555 off trigger.GIF
    555 off trigger.GIF
    4.3 KB · Views: 133
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back