Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Edge to Edge Connector Application

Status
Not open for further replies.

wuchy143

Hi All,

I'm working on a design which is going to consist of two PCB's. The first board is the dummy board and the board with the brains will be the module board. Due to space constrictions the module board is going to sit vertically on the dummy board. I'm trying to figure out the best connector system to use in this application.

I have .613" for a height restriction as anything higher than that will start crashing into the metal ceiling.(top plate)

I was wondering if anyone had some good recommendations for some type of edge to edge style connector to terminate the module PCB to the dummy PCB. I've never needed to use this style of edge to edge connectors so I'm trying to find the one appropriate for my application.

I attached a simple drawing of what I am talking about.

Any guidance would be appreciated.

Thanks.

Attachments

• Untitled.jpg
    Untitled.jpg
    59.7 KB · Views: 170
how many pins? what voltage? what current? is vertical position a must (how about tilted?)? did you consider DIM sockets?

In order to best utilize the height, I'd consider some right angle type connector on the base board and some sort of pin header on the other board.

how many pins? what voltage? what current? is vertical position a must (how about tilted?)? did you consider DIM sockets?

Sorry for delay. Been sick as a dog :(

~50 pins, max current any pin will see is under 500mA, vertical is a must because with the electronics we need on the board forces the module board to be a certain size. Going vertical is the only way it could possibly work.(at least from my perspective..I could be wrong)

I will look into the DIM sockets.

@keepitsimplestupid I will take a look at your recommendation. Thanks!!

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back