Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECG signal acquisition

Status
Not open for further replies.

muhjun

Hello everybody , I'm intersted in building an ECG sensing module using some analog filters and digitize them , so is there anyone who could help.
THANKS

muhjun said:
Hello everybody , I'm intersted in building an ECG sensing module using some analog filters and digitize them , so is there anyone who could help.
THANKS

Hi,
Maybe you can use this as a starting point:

**broken link removed**

TOK ;)

Wireless transmission of ECG to a PC

Thanks a lot Gorgon ,that's will be helpful as introduction.
I have done some search and came out with the following points:
-The ECG signal should pass through noise reduction( using notch filter) and some low pass filters.
-Then the clean(as I hope) analog signal will be an input to an ADC to output a digital data stream ( I found a 12 bit ADC)
At this point ,I want to interface that serial output through a wireless module to a PC to visualize the signal and analyze it.
I think there is a "serial to ethernet module" from IPSIL inc but i didn't find any useful information about it even on their site.
Is there an alternative low-cost wireless solution ?

Re: Wireless transmission of ECG to a PC

muhjun said:
Thanks a lot Gorgon ,that's will be helpful as introduction.
I have done some search and came out with the following points:
-The ECG signal should pass through noise reduction( using notch filter) and some low pass filters.
-Then the clean(as I hope) analog signal will be an input to an ADC to output a digital data stream ( I found a 12 bit ADC)

Why 12 bit?, attempting to utilise that degree of resolution makes it MUCH more difficult, and the layout critical - as the lower bits are only likely to disappear in the noise. Using a cheap PIC with internal 10 bit A2D would be simpler, and probably still give more resolution than you really need.

At this point ,I want to interface that serial output through a wireless module to a PC to visualize the signal and analyze it.
I think there is a "serial to ethernet module" from IPSIL inc but i didn't find any useful information about it even on their site.
Is there an alternative low-cost wireless solution ?

What about wireless free radio modules, you're only reading very low frequencies, so don't need a very fast data rate.

hi Nigel Goodwin
what if i use a PIC and a BLUETOOTH MODULE to send the signal and let the laptop bluetooth detect using labVIEW ???

by the way i already test the module using hyper terminal with bluesoleil connected to CRYSTL and PIC16F877A and seven segment and its owrkign well with the ASCII ......

thanx for reply..

hi friends......

I am also doing a project on wireless transmission of ECG signals using bluetooth(or zigbee) with the help of ARM. Can someone help me with the ARM part??

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back