Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECG device

Status
Not open for further replies.

Zener_Diode

Hey.
I am trying to do an ECG decive.
I am useing AD620 amp.
https://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/37793330023930AD620_e.pdf
I built the circuit at page 12.
The leg I connected to the ground, and put 2.2K (or 100 om) between pins 1 and 8.
I am trying to see the ECG on scope. I don't see it, what I see is a straight line or 50Hz noise sin wave.
As electrodes I am useing a coins.
can some one help me plz?

Zener_Diode said:
Hey.
I am trying to do an ECG decive.
I am useing AD620 amp.
https://www.analog.com/UploadedFiles/Data_Sheets/37793330023930AD620_e.pdf
I built the circuit at page 12.
The leg I connected to the ground, and put 2.2K (or 100 om) between pins 1 and 8.
I am trying to see the ECG on scope. I don't see it, what I see is a straight line or 50Hz noise sin wave.
As electrodes I am useing a coins.
can some one help me plz?
Did you build the circuit in Figure 36?

I add the circuit I built.
I tried to add a nother amp with A=68, it didn't change a thing.
When I touch Right Arm electrode, left Arm electrode, or both of them I do see any wave, when I touch the ground too, every think it gone.
what can be the problem?

Attachments

• ECG.jpg
    ECG.jpg
    80.2 KB · Views: 3,179
Zener_Diode said:
If I touch only the right arm electrode and left arm electrode (without leg electrode - GND electrode) I see something looks like ECG, but it very noise.

The circuit you show is not the same as shown in Figure 36 of the datasheet. You should consider driving the leg electrode with the AD705 as shown. Also, that circuit shows overall gain of 1000 and you are only providing 495. That could be part of your problem.

The gain of your AD620A is much too high causing its output to saturate at 50Hz.

The circuit in the datasheet has the AD620A with a gain of only 7 then a highpass filter to remove hum and noise. You don't have a highpass filter so you have plenty of hum. You also have plenty of noise. The circuit in the datasheet then amplifies the hum-removed and noise-removed signal 143 times.

The resistors (R2 and R3) dividing the input to the leg-driver opamp must have exactly the same value (1% or better) to cancel some of the hum and noise.

I mentioned the "highpass" filter because it is on the datasheet.
IT IS WRONG!
It is a lowpass filter that removes the 50Hz hum, its harmonics and noise.
Its cutoff frequency is a very low 0.03Hz so it attenuates 50Hz very much.

Wait a minute. 0.03Hz is a heartbeat each 33 seconds. The datasheet must be wrong again or the patient is hibernating.

Here is another one:

Attachments

• ECG circuit.PNG
    ECG circuit.PNG
    42.3 KB · Views: 2,811
Here is another another one where they use an external very sharp 6Hz to 30Hz bandpass filter:

Attachments

• ECG-2.PNG
    ECG-2.PNG
    36 KB · Views: 1,229
ECG Devise

I have attached a schematic diagram of ECG device that i builded. it is based on ECG device given from AD620 instrumentation amplifier datasheet..i ve tested the first part of the circuit (AD620 and AD706 right leg driver)using oscilloscope but the signal i was getting it was not a proper one.when i attached the RA and LL electrodes i could see a signal looking like an ecg but not a proper one but when i was connecting the RL (ground) the signal disapeared.can anybody tell me why? now i have builded the whole circuit with a high pass filter after the AD620 of cut off frequency 0.025Hz and an operational ampliier of G=143.does the circuit looks ok or shall i make some changes? shall i include a resistor at the non inverting input of the last op-amp for input impedance?

Attachments

• ECG.jpg
    ECG.jpg
    163.4 KB · Views: 2,498
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back