Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

ECG circuit making ......... requirements

Status
Not open for further replies.

faisy

dear all

I am working on making ECG machine (3 lead). Would anyone let me know the type of cable or wires should use in making this device on breadboard or for PCB.

If there should be any special wire rather than normally used copper, then please mention its name.

What i should prefer for shielding purpose??

Please help me i need your help in this regard

GOD bless You.

Regards
Faisal

If your circuit uses an instrumentation amplifier IC and has "right leg" common-mode cancellation then ordinary insulated copper wire can be used.
Shielded audio cables with the shields connected to the circuit ground only at the amplifier will be better.

I am not clear......

Kindly tell me , that wires i want to use in the circuitry may of copper if i use Right leg drive. Am i right??

Please enhance your reply....

Thanks Alot...............

Regards
Faisal Farooq

Electrical wires are usually copper, not chicken or alligator bones.

I said that if you use an excellent "intrumentation amplifier IC" and the right leg drive circuit then ordinary insulated copper wires can be used instead of shielded audio cables (which are also made of copper). But shielded audio cables will probably work better.
Which intrumentation amplifier IC are you using? Are you making the circuit shown on the datasheet?

fine.....thanx

I am using AD620......... As this amplfier has max of 1000 gain aqnd is enough for ECG signal to show in Volts approx. But the problem is When i directly input the signal to the Amplfier....... it just amplify the noise ....... i dont know How to get the signal??

Yes i am using the same procedure as mentioed in AD620 Datasheet......But still.......Would you guide me in that ???

REgards

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back