Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Ebay seller for Electronic parts

Status
Not open for further replies.

bryan

Can anybody recommend a trustworthy Ebay seller for discrete electronic parts. On occasion have the need for a part that is not available locally and don't want the expense of ordering from Digikey etc for a single part. I have seen a few posts of fake and counterfeit electronic components from the far East which is a concern.

Cheers

Last edited:
Stuff from Hong Kong/China I've had is generally good, even though it takes a long time to arrive due to shipping. The sellers are /very/ keen to keep their customers happy. Check the seller ratings. Had some meter probe clips from a seller in Taiwan - were very cheap (modified croc clips with rubber covers) but okay for me. In the UK we get an occasional nasty sting from customs & excise - heard it doesn't apply elsewhere though? I think I actually trust far eastern suppliers slightly more than UK ones...

I am surprised that you don't want the expense of ordering from Digikey for a single part. If you order a single IC that costs, say, $2.00, it is delivered to your door the next day for a grand total of $10.00 Canadian. That is a sweet deal. With gasoline at $1.43 a litre and the traffic snarls in Vancouver these days, you can easily spend $5 and more just to get to the electronics store. Once there, you realize how woefully inadequate their selection is. If ordering parts from Ebay vendors and many American distributors, you are probably also aware of the shipping difficulties and the reasons why so many of us Vancouverites use receiving companies in Blaine and Point Roberts. Despite the cost benefit of such receiving companies, the hassle of driving over the border is another problem unless you live in White Rock or Tsawwassen, and border lineups are especially irritating when you go to pick up a measly $2 part. So, I think that Digikey is probably the best value around for small quantities of electronics parts.

Status
Not open for further replies.

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back