Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

EasypicproV7 Mcu help.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mosaic

Hi all:
I got the MikroE EasypicproV7 and mikro C compiler to start learning C.
**broken link removed**

I want to use the 18F45K50 Mcu....but I don't see MikroC supplying any 44 pin CPU cards...
How would I connect this Mcu to the EasyPic pro 7 board?

I have both a 40 pin DIP and TQFP version of the Mcu.
Can I make a custom PCB for it to fit ?

The pro is for larger pin count devices.... The "Easypicv7" is for 40 pin and lower....

What chip did it come with? It say's it comes with the pic18f87k22.. You can program this as if it were a 45k50.

If you need USB get the EasyPIC PRO v7 MCUcard with PIC18F87J50 add on as it has the USB..

They don't state that. They state it supports 155 devices. If you put in your device of choice it states it's supported by their ICD , not your board. This is why I don't like them.

Mike.

So I'd need the Easypic7 board...
sigh.
No! Just for development purposes use the chip I recommended... It will do everything the pic18f45k50 plus oodles more.... When you are ready to make a board you can just port your code over... The compiler will support both..

I have a diy dev board that can take DIPs to 40pins....
I guess I can dev on the Easypic pro with the 80 pin processor and test on my little dev board....

I, like Pommie, am getting a bit cheesed off with mikroE..

There Microchip support has suffered because they are moving to ARM... They haven't updated software because they are too pushed to allow development.. The stellaris, ST32 and Tiva are dominating their development at this time..

They have a weird optimizer that I have to turn off or I get compiler errors... Libraries cannot co-exist with each other and no way of changing library code... The documentation is incorrect..

As it stands... I have ported ALL my own libraries and use the compiler with normal optimization...

Sorry for the rant!!!

The easypicpro v7 does state that your chip is supported, but as you cannot buy the 44 pin mcu card I can't see how...

Would you be able to share your ported libs?
I had planned to learn C on the EasyPicpro platform with MikroC.

I will examine the stock 80 pin mcu card and the pinouts....and try to match the subset of the 45K50 to the 80 pin pinout. Once I can get it up, i'd have to run some dig i/o checks to be certain of the pin mapping., then make a bit of my own documentation so i can develop with the board.

Edit: maybe, if I figure it out, I can sell some boards......and afford XC8 optimized.

Last edited:
Will they be any good for you??? They are for the pic32!! Touchscreen, sound and GLCD drivers... I will port SPI and I2C, but as of yet I have them working...

If you use defines for all your outputs, then when you compile for a new chip it will be correct...
If you have specific pinouts then it takes a couple of minutes to change... You must use Constants and symbols..

Ie.. dont use "LATB_bit6" for all your output statements... define "LATB_bit6" as "myoutpin" or something then you only change one line... I write several then comment out all but the one I need..

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back