Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy to make PIC programming

Status
Not open for further replies.
USB to RS232 adapters tend not to work with many RS232 programmers like JDM anyway.
The Junebug is a simplified PICkit2 (5V support only) and an 18F1320 tutor/experimenter. I see you're trying to use CCS for the 16F you might want to take a look at C18 for the 18F or Swordfish BASIC SE for the 18F Junebug supports both just fine. The Junebug can program other PICs via the ICD connector and even some EEPROMs.
The tutor has plenty to keep a student busy, there is even a built in UART tool for using the ESUART without any additional hardware (PICkit2 software tools)

Well for may main project Im going to use 16F family the 18F is just way to much like shooting birds with a canon.

Havent decided yet ( I need a "high" bit AD converter since im going to measure up to 70A DC with a shunt that gives out 2,5V @ 100A (I have aquired some samples from allegro).

Oh well i dont really need the speed as Im looking to sample around 10 times/sec and to mediate one minute of samples to store the result.

Kryten said:
Oh well i dont really need the speed as Im looking to sample around 10 times/sec and to mediate one minute of samples to store the result.

It's a very low level requirement, and a 16F is easily capable of it - and a LOT more.

Well...

well...

Yesterday i saw oshonsoft programmer...

I liked it...

it is simple...

It is good for you if you start making ... if you dont like the first one then go for another...

You'll gain experience...

Regards,

Simran..:)

Do I understand things correctly if I say that LVP is only for in circiut programming?

I mean if I make a small PCB (like a 8 pin socket and a header to connect to oshonsoft serial) I would need: Data (ofcorse), clock and Vpp.
Am I right?

I thought of making a a small project to see if I handel programming and to start to get the hang of it :)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back