Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy to make PIC programming

Status
Not open for further replies.

Kryten

Hi
As the title says. Im looking for a easy to make PIC programming circiut.
I have found one @ oshonsoft but the PCB layout (wich i need to be in bottom layer only) becomes so large with traces going all over the place.
Does anyone have a similar circiut (serial is prefered but not a must)

Use Nigel's

Use Nigel's Tutorial boards. They are built with strip board and give you a variety of things to plug into them.

If you have questions, a lot of us, including Nigel hang around here.

:)

If you mean a programmer

If you meant a programmer, rather than pic boards themselves. I built the programmer part of Blueroom's Junebug on stripboard. Or you can just get the whole kit from him. It runs under $50 US.

Well ...

Hi,

Please see this page:

**broken link removed**

Software : ezPIC works with ' IC - Prog 1.05 D ' which you can download from

Regards,

Simran..

Well again I see that I have expressed my self in an unclear matter......

I mean the Unit that you either put the PIC in or connect to the PIC in circiut to download the program to the PIC so Simrans post is what im looking for i think..

:D

Ahh so to be sure it will work allways i should use 1.05d ? but i can try others to see

Kryten said:
Does it only work with version 1.05D??

Well you can see on this written on the bottom of the thumbnail...

and the version of ic-prog you can see on the window opened in the thumbnail...

Regards,

Simran..:)

Attachments

• 1001-3477-1.jpg
    1001-3477-1.jpg
    117.3 KB · Views: 236
Gayan Soyza said:
It will work with other versions but don't know when it will stop work.

Oshonsoft programmer is superior compared to sunrom which happened to be a JDM. JDMs behave erratic at times.if it works well with 1.05D also works well with V1.06A.

Instead try to settle for PICKIT2 or its nearest compatible JUNEBUG. I made one and is really fantastic. Afterall, it is a one time investment and software upgradable.

Last edited:
I agree.

You can not build a Junebug without another programmer to flash the PIC18F2550 in the Junebug. If you want to go the DIY route you need to build a programmer that does not use a processor prior to building the Junebug. The Junebug/PICkit2 is worth the effort. It also allows you to do in circuit debugging (ICD) and program serial EEPROMS.

mvs sarma said:
Oshonsoft programmer is superior compared to sunrom which happened to be a JDM. JDMs behave erratic at times.if it works well with 1.05D also works well with V1.06A.

Instead try to settle for PICKIT2 or its nearest compatible JUNEBUG. I made one and is really fantastic. Afterall, it is a one time investment and software upgradable.

So if I got this correctly then the Oshonsoft is the way to go (since I allready have made a PCB Layout for it) I have looked at the Junbug but i thought that I need a programmed PIC

Yes you need a preprogrammed PIC with either the Junebug or Inchworm, sort of a chicken before the egg thing. Most people who have bought or built them are already JDM or other simple PIC programmer users that want something modern. Some users even post their homemade versions here.
JDM is a bear to get running on a modern PC, worked great on computers 10yrs ago. BUT if you've got an old PC with win98 and a real serial port then you could cobble a JDM together pretty easy and then use it to program the 18F2550. Of course the kit comes with a programmed 18F2550 (shameless plug) :)

Ok but this is supposed to bee as cheap as possible beeing a school project.

Althou I will look in to the Junbug thing

Cool thanks.
I have to look in to that.

bye tha way do you (or anyone) know if there are any circiut drawings for the programmer so that i can make it myself? (yes I see that you sell them)

No I was thinking of the Junbug but from what i can see on your webpages its a programmer/tutor. ( and I dont have any other port than USB and video on my laptop wich is the only machine i have)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back