Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy Radio anyone?

Status
Not open for further replies.
You're welcome Ace :D (always wanted to call someone that)

As with many 'RF' modules, some have 'intelligence' some don't. The intelligent ones are generally the better option, since they do all the RF work, channel coding, PLL settings, handshaking, error detection (sometimes correction too) and provide a nice easy standard interface.

As I said, I have spoken directly to the designer of the easy-radio modules, and boy...he knows his stuff. I'm not on commission for them or anything, but for the price, I don't think you can beat it for a reliable RF telemtry system. Sure, you could do it yourself, for lower datarates (not baud) and high production volumes, its probably best, and sometimes works out just fine, but these little bad-boys do exactly what they're meant to.

And, as always, read the datasheet :D It will provide all the information you need. I did ask for 'example code' for these, as I was over complicating the design, assuming I needed to do more but...nope...standard RS232, its just like communicating to a PC, only with a delay or two for duplex comms.

Take care, and good luck.

Blueteeth

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back