Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy & Efficient LED Convertion of 6V Recharable Flashlight

Status
Not open for further replies.
Day Running Light

The new Audi A4 new arrival in the beginning of 2009 was fitted with DRL made up of 14 LED in horizontal as the owner’s particular status logo. Meanwhile it will strengthen the extra safety for driving at day.

According to European Commission policy that all the cars before 2011 should be fitted with DRL, it will promote the driving safety greatly. DRL saves energy a lot only about 10% energy consumption of general headlight. At the present Italy and Poland and some other countries are carrying out this decree.

DRL has following function:
1. They make it easier to see cars in low light situations, especially oncoming vehicles.
2. It is easier to spot cars in glare, shade, dusk, etc. with them.
3. Being "lights" they are easier to see than, say a dark colored car.
4. They grab your attention faster than a car without DRL's, thus you have a few split seconds more to react, adjust, etc. Split seconds make the difference in dangerous situations.
4. People don't have to remember to turn on their headlights every time it gets dark.
5. No danger of people trying to save their bulbs by driving with just their parking lights on at dusk.
6. It will reduce the traffic accident ratio greatly according the governmental statistics
Citizen’s environmental consciousness is enhanced day by day; DRL will help us to reach the goal easily. Take a 9.7 years old medium-sized vehicle for example, supposing there is 200 hours for brake operation,220 hours for taillight operation,75 hours for direction light operation, with DRL, it will reduce carbon dioxide emission up to 400 kilogram. From this aspect, DRL’s appearance will draw the environmentalist’s fondness.

As a new-born conception, it will cost some time to get the acknowledgement by majority car owners, but under the EU decree, it is full of market potential and profit room.

We are a auto electronics manufacturer in China mainland set up in 2003, mainly dealing with HID, LED, Car Camera, Car Alarm and some others, through visiting our web you can find the suitable one for yours. The DRL we supply currently can be compatible with cars with canbus system and have the misconnection protection. That will protect your loved car greatly.

Ada Yao
Guangzhou OLLO Electronic Technology Co.,Ltd
MSN&Mail:eek:lloe1@ollohid.com
Web: **broken link removed**
**broken link removed**

**broken link removed**

I posted a very similar circuit a while ago that used a dedicated IC instead of a 555 but it wasn't "easy" or "efficient" enough apparently.

With due respect I want to make it very clear that, I never lay any doubts on the "easy" and "efficientness" of the circuit you posted. It is only a matter of time, when I get all the components at my disposal, I will definitely give it a try. I am sorry if I offended you in any way. I am here to learn something. I don't ever mean to hurt somebodies feeling, willingly or unwilling.

Nice circuit Hero. It will be interesting to see what the OP does with it. I posted a very similar circuit a while ago that used a dedicated IC instead of a 555 but it wasn't "easy" or "efficient" enough apparently.

Apart from using proprietary ICs, the problem is it isn't very efficient because the LEDs have series resistors which dissipate power and reduce the efficiency.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

Back