Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Easy CAN BUS Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

iso9001

Hi.... I was looking at my car's wiring diagram and noticed that it has a CAN interface that has twisted pairs... CAN B + and CAN B -

It also has CAN C...

I have some CAN B chips here but was wondering:

Why are there two lines, is it send and recieve ? Thats doesnt seem to make sense... I read CAN was a 1 wire system.

And what is the difference between CAN B and CAN C ??? I see that my car's B runs at 83kbps, is CAN C just faster? Are there any interfaces for CAN C ? (I have a few Pic 18Fs here that say they have CAN B on them)

Thanks

If I remember correctly CAN is a differential bus - so It has 2 lines but there is only one channel (one line sends asserts the regular signal and the other the inverted signal). Differential busses are more immune to noise- an important consideration for an automotive bus.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back