Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earthquake precursors detector

Status
Not open for further replies.
Some days ago I found an article talking about a geomagnetic signals detector.
Basically it is not a new thing. Infact scientists and radio engineers started working on this several years ago.
But this project sounds interesting because it is based on Arduino.
I'm not familiar with microcontrollers and radio circuits, but I am wondering if this device can detect the difference between artificial and natural signals.

Natural seismic events have a unique signature and are monitored by multiple stations. I am sure the scientist can differentiate a false event, ie. a bomb going off, etc.

The problem with using a uPC for this kind of thing is that nobody really knows what they're looking for. (yet).
A few people claim to have noticed a correlation between earthquakes and various events. One of those claims is radio anomalies.
Either VLF, HF or VHF.
I can't really suggest where you might find detailed information, but a lot of examples on the net use a spectrograph waterfall display with a VLF
receiver. I thought this fella's web page provided some interesting reading on the subject.
http://www.vlf.it/romero/seismic_rdf.htm

On HARAP website you can see a **broken link removed**. The station should be located in Alaska, not so far from Japan disaster. But I wonder about **broken link removed**

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back