Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Earth leakage checking in home wiring?

Status
Not open for further replies.

regulaz

i have 2 screwdrivers which have a small bulb which glows when then wires are live.

when i insert one screwdriver in the live pinhole of the socket it glows. when i insert another tester (screwdriver) into the earth pinhole simultaneously then both glow. when i insert the tester into neutral pinhole after removing from earth pinhole then too both testers glow.

the tester in live pinhole glows bright but when the other tester is inserted in either pinholes it glows even brighter along with the other tester.

does this show anything? i was hoping to test for any earth leakage or some other anomaly in the home wiring.

You can get check plugs now for a couple of quid, if your concerned get one and plug it in, if theres any bad connections or reversals then it'll give you a good indication.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back