Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Early project questions

Status
Not open for further replies.

electroRF

Hi fellows,

I'm thinking of buying a proximity sensor to connect to my Beaglebone black, and use it so whenever it spots something getting near it, the Beaglebone will play am audio file.

For that, I'd need:
1. BBB (of course)
2. Proximity Sensor that generates 3.3V signals
3. DAC
4. Speaker

I got 2 questions please:

1. Could you please recommend on a proximity sensor that generates 3.3V signals, so I could spare the extra electronics for converting signals? (accuracy isn't important for the application)

2. How do you take an audio file that runs on PC and work it on the Beaglebone?

Thank you guys.

Last edited:
Thank you B!

Regarding the DAC,

Is it possible to build DAC by software, using the BBB's analog output?

That way, I could spare the external DAC and connect the speaker directly to the BBB.

The BBB has audio output and runs Linux plus you can use its gpio should be easy to do what you want.

What is "BBB (of course)"?

What is "BBB (of course)"?

Oh.. I got it .. Beaglebone black (BBB). That is how you should write it first time if you refer to it later with acronym "BBB".

It was number one on his list. "BBB (of course)" **broken link removed**
Features

• Processor: TI Sitara AM3358AZCZ100, 1GHz, 2000 MIPS
  • 4GB 8-bit eMMC on-board flash storage (rev. C)
  • SDRAM: 512MB DDR3L 800MHZ
  • 3D graphics accelerator
  • NEON floating-point accelerator
  • 2x PRU 32-bit microcontrollers
  • USB host, Ethernet, HDMI
  • SD/MMC Connector for microSD
  • 2x 46 pin headers
  • Software: Debian, Angstrom, Ubuntu, Android
I'd use a cheaper micro

Oh sorry MisterT, I noted it to myself.

B,
Could you please share a link for how to use the Audio Output of the BBB (BeagleBone Black)?

I googled it and the web doesn't seem to share that much info on that.

Thank you.

Hi,

It is said in the BBB spec that an Audio signal can be transported over the HDMI interface to an audio equipped display.

Does it mean that:
1. the HDMI (TDA19988) converts digital signal that it gets from the Processor to Audio signal?
2. Can I connect a simple speaker (not a display) to the HDMI Interface that will get the Audio signal and produce sound?

Thank you.

i2s-png.88015

Attachments

• I2S.png
    I2S.png
    38.5 KB · Views: 314
Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back