Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle - user selectable track colours?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Hi,

Is it possible to define colours to pcb tracks? For example, after laying down the +5V 'rail' on the top layer, change the colour from red to , say, green so that it is distinct from signal traces. I have looked through the options but can't see anything. Thought maybe there was a script command or something to do this but have never used Eagle scripts. I see you can change the style but this is not as good as being able to change the colour.

If this can't be done do you think it would be useful to be able to do it? I think it would make designing the pcb easier if you could.

Thanks in advance for any help.

I have not seen where you can do it. If you ask them about the colors I expect they will say the like it the way it is with colors indicating layers only. That makes increasing sense as the number of layers increase.

To select a trace of interest I highlight it, but if you click on something else it goes away. I would be happy with a way to keep the trace(s) highlighted.

But I have not done much looking at the ULP's. Perhaps there is something there.

Have you tried the show cmd?

If you use the display layers button (or menu View->Display/hide layers), there is a change button which allows you to change colours.

Edit, Woops, missread the question. But routing on a different layer would allow the OP to achieve what he asked.

Mike.

Last edited:
For example if you were working on a board and wanted to change the width of all your VSS traces. You can do "show VSS" but the first time you change one segment of a trace the show, unshows.

I expect there could be a more sophisticated way using classes and maybe changing the width for the class but am not sure.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back