Continue to Site

Welcome to our site!

Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

• Welcome to our site! Electro Tech is an online community (with over 170,000 members) who enjoy talking about and building electronic circuits, projects and gadgets. To participate you need to register. Registration is free. Click here to register now.

Eagle tip: jumper wires for single side PCBs

Status
Not open for further replies.

shimniok

Been playing with Eagle for a couple years now and since I fabricate PCBs at home they are single sided. I tend to like hand-routing all the traces.

Sometimes a single side design isn't purely possible, so in those cases I find it's easy to place a jumper wire on the top side. I put together a writeup on how. Bot Thoughts: Eagle Tips: Jumper Wires

Comments more than welcome. Hope this helps someone out.

Why don't you just draw it on the top layer rather than drawing it on the bottom layer and then switching it? Seems like more work.

If you start the route, you can simply hit the middle mouse button to switch the trace to the top, or go to the top toolbar and select the top layer while you are routing. You can also select the via parameters from the routing toolbar rather than switching them later.

Why don't you just draw it on the top layer rather than drawing it on the bottom layer and then switching it? Seems like more work.

If you start the route, you can simply hit the middle mouse button to switch the trace to the top, or go to the top toolbar and select the top layer while you are routing. You can also select the via parameters from the routing toolbar rather than switching them later.

Ok, thanks.

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest threads

New Articles From Microcontroller Tips

Back